Since I have a little extra time on my hands I went ahead and updated this library from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1 and got DBForge working.
My hope here is to use this on smaller projects that don’t require a frame-work – like one project I did for a local Insurance Broker.
The idea here is I can use basic Models that are transferable to CodeIgniter with minimal modification.
This should give a nice migration from no frame to CodeIgniter. Sometimes a client has what starts out as a simple project but grows into something that would better be done in a frame work. This way migration is easier because you already have your models setup. This is the theory anyway.